Thursday, July 12, 2007

Realization of Known


I felt I was like a spectator……
And you were like a garden…..
I entered in the garden and enjoyed the peace and nature over there.
I was so lost in my own thoughts; I overlooked the plethora and flora of the garden.
One day suddenly I came out from my tranquil sleep….
Seeing the rays of sun dancing over my head……
Too strong rays…. As if they were asking me to wake up and see the flora clearly..!
And asking me to be careful…. Real world is different from the world residing with in you….
Then spectator looked around and shocked seeing all cacti and thorns….
Was tough to believe…. How fast this change happened in the beautiful garden…..When this change happened….
But that was of no use to think….
Spectator looked at her own….. Find her feet with cactus, spikes and thorns….
Which were giving pain and adding red color…!
That moment spectator felt like soul has left the body….
Is this the garden she wanted to enter….???
Is this the garden she wants to stay…??
Then she thinks of the garden, who allowed her so generously…
And provided her with the space, peace to go in tranquility…
Will it be fair to leave the garden….??
Obviously no…!
She thanked the garden…. She thanked the garden humbly for its generosity….
Garden then asked her not to leave….
She showed the red color of her feet and told about the pain….
She complained about the cactus, thorn and spikes…..
Garden said they are also part of me….
And garden continues, I allowed them to grow to add aesthetics….
These cacti are also dear to me….and spectator you too…..
Garden again asked spectator to stay…..
Spectator asked the garden to throw the cacti as they are degrading its aesthetic value…..
Garden being full of green and spectator being full of red,
Both are right but not convinced with each other….
God asked spectator to leave the garden and come out of pain…..
Spectator told God this garden has given her a tranquil sleep,
It’s not fair to leave the garden….
God asked what you will do by staying there….??
You can’t move there, there is no space left for you, all is covered with cacti…..
Still spectator decided to stay in the garden, as garden’s words were enchanting….
But how fair is this judgment…..??
No space is left for the spectator….??
What is the purpose to stay there knowing the fact no space for movement…!!
And garden is not ready to leave those cacti……
Fortunate’s are those who get gardens……
Unfortunate spectator, who has no other option,
Can leave or stay there as dead…!!
In other words, presence or absence doesn’t make any difference….!!!
(I wrote this poem in Aug,2006)

6 comments:

Mona said...

Wow! That is a lovely poem. You are indeed a gal with this gift of writing poetry. Keep up the good work and write some more for us.

Unknown said...

I really like the blog dear.. I’m in short of words to explain abt how I appreciate ur poem..

Keep going..

Anonymous said...

Hi Deeps great blog dear...It's such a deep poem....especially the last line..."presence or absense makes no difference"

keep writing...loads of luv

Deepali Chandra said...

Mona Mausi, Aishu, Daki,

Thanks for appreciating my work…. Sometime things affect us in such a way that our emotion oozes out from us and it can be in any form prose, poem, and talk with friend etc etc…. Well I will ensure you people to have some more literary delights from me soon… :-) Keep visiting…

Anubhav said...

Amazing work ji :) this poem means a lot.

Deepali Chandra said...

Thank you Anu :)