Saturday, May 10, 2008

Bangalore Airport

Bangalore airport experiences have been part and parcel of my travel now……Every trip is a new venture towards experiencing something UNEXPECTED….If Bangalore airport is part of ones travel, one should not put thoughts for following:
1- Crowed and unsusual long queue for boarding pass and security check.
2- Any kind of discipline or punctuality
3- Clean rest-rooms
4- When your baggage shifts for one conveyor belt to another
5- If you have any connecting flight with less margin of time, please don’t worry you are in HELL right now.
Well list can’t be dragged to individual intricacies…. What happens when one runs out of choices? Obviously one become prone to crib about its own misery rather you would start laughing on others sailing in the same boat which you have already done..!
I can still recall when I have to go to Lucknow my home town and my flight was via Delhi, I was suppose to leave early morning around 10am and reaching my home around 5pm… those were my college days, semester break, was pretty excited about going home… that’s was one among initial few experience of hell, things were moving slowly… got boarding pass with delay of 45 mins in departure, seems ok as still have 2 hrs of waiting time in Delhi for connecting flight… finally got boarding call, standing in queue somewhere in between the crowd… started feeling irritated after standing for 15 mins in same place, and in another 5 mins got the announcement for further delay… now concern was how much delay, and due to what reason? How much that part is unanswerable… absolute uncertain…! First reason will come instantaneously ‘air traffic control"
Such a thing nobody can help, what you will do, max max shout on top of your voice…!! Do it… those guys are noise proof….!
When delay was almost 3 hrs which exceeded waiting time I lost the hope for connecting flight from Delhi and decided for cancellation and buying new ticket with refund money and some more money… After reaching to ticket counter discovered that no money I will be getting as refund happens at agent’s place who books it….!! Hehehe was nice to hear that (now I am laughing but that point of time my circuit was out) so all the friends and relatives become dearer to me… called up my uncle and ask him for arrangement for my ticket… as I had just thousand bucks or so in my pocket… at last reached Delhi at 8pm…!!! And there were no available flights for Lucknow for the same day…!! Hahhahaha that’s called the irony of fate…. Excitement completely drained out… when I saw my uncle at Delhi I was so happy that I would have ever been so to see him... :D
Sometime back I encountered the similar thing, this time I was not the honored guest in hell rather I was spectator… someone else was the privileged soul to step in… Delay was more on expected side… I had a book by my favorite author with me, but decided not to open it rather watch out the real melodrama… almost everyone will start asking what is the matter, why delay, how long will it take… etc etc.. Then most of them will be on phone telling this story…. After 15-20 mins of mayhem things will be settled... you will be served with some snack irrelevant with the time…some raw bread slices with raw veggies, buscuits etc etc... while muching this i saw a man with his family missed his connecting flight and was furious.. (obviously) and started shouting on ground force people who deals with customers on top of his voice… my fellow passenger whispered now we will have some entertainment..!! Alas, only one side of dialogs was audible other side was like calm sea…I just wondered on myself whether I am getting use to of hell or becoming saddist to have fun on others pitty...!
As per the latest news by media that existing domestic airport was suppose to be shifted almost 40 km away....I was thinking how would it be 2-3 hrs local Bangalore travel and 2-3 hrs actual travel for destination... :) :) And how about eve peak hours traffic?? ahhhh paradise...!!but one day I read it might not get shifted to the new vicinity, puts smile on my face.. what ever it be, I like this hell oops paradise....!!
"Fear for hell is hell itself, longing for paradise is paradise itself"....!!

No comments: