Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Customer Delight


What is Customer Delight?? Hope we all read it some where in our text related to marketing… But how about experiencing it?? I am sure Mr. Philip Kotler, Marketing Guru must have experienced it before writing theories about ‘Customer Delight’.
Yesterday a friend of mine and I was willing to have lunch outside, not in office cafeteria. She was not feeling well because she had cold, I suggested her lets go out and have some hot soup (which she likes more than main course meal) and she will feel better... Same food over a period of time becomes tasteless. The fact which amuses me the most that nobody ever proclaimed that he/she likes food in his/her hostel mess or cafeteria …. I never heard somebody proclaiming I like food in my mess or canteen… BUT yes on the other hand I never encountered anyone saying that because of my hostel or office canteen food I fall SICK…!! Amusing contrast, not good food though healthy…hahaha..:) I strongly feel if one has the habit of eating canteen food then one can survive anywhere and can consume anything….!! Out of all the food outlets near by my office area viz Indira Nagar, CMH Road, 100 Ft Road, 80 Ft Road etc etc.. I like only and only ‘Asiana’ on CMH road… What a lovely place with good food, good variety of menu, good ambience, decent crowd, LCD screen, very neat, hygienic etc etc….. What else I need in afternoon for lunch when weary from office…. But sometime we do need more than this, and then only one can say I AM DELIGHTED..!!
There was a festival yesterday called “Nopi” and the people who celebrate, they believe that Onion and Garlic should not be consumed by them including my friend… Going to eat outside without onion and garlic?? My friend almost convinced herself that she is going to have whatever is available there.... Well, about myself, honestly speaking I have lost track of those days of the year which have special significance and celebrated by people, for me there are only two kinds of days weekdays and weekends. This must be because I am staying away from home and family since very long that the feelings behind the significance of days have marginally diminished which is hard to be sensed now….
After reaching Asiana we asked the person on the counter what all are the items available in today’s veg menu without onion and garlic?? Keeping in mind they serve mostly combos for lunch and change their menu on daily basis which includes all Asian cuisine not just Indian, Chinese, Thai but Arabic, Malaysian also…Meaning preplanned menu already prepared where scope of flexibility is very narrow… Couldn’t expect the answer we got….. Ma’am select the item you would like to have, we will make it without onion and garlic for YOU…that person replied with full gentleness scooped with humbleness…!!! Ahhhhh the expression portrayed on our faces, beyond the power of elucidation… Our faces lit up with elation and jubilation, I told my friend I didn’t expected this then she said that is why we are delighted and falling in love with this place…!! Believe it or not every minute spent there and every single bite swallowed, we cherished form the core…!!
(pic source:www.royalcupcoffee.com/images/women_smile.jpg)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

This a blog which always delights me.. hehe..:-).

Deepali Chandra said...

hey aishu, tell that its Me who delights you....hhehehe..:D

norrbu said...

food !!